FreeHand 10 Goes Mac OS X Native, Adds Features -- Macromedia is now shipping FreeHand 10, improving the vector graphics program's integration with Flash 5 and running natively under Mac OS X. Specific new features include master pages, the Macromedia Standard Pen Tool (a multipurpose drawing tool that behaves the same in FreeHand, Flash, and Fireworks), and the implementation of Macromedia's user interface. The full version of FreeHand 10 is currently available as an online download for $400; updates from previous versions are $130. A boxed version is scheduled to ship in late May. Since Macromedia is still updating its systems to support purchases and downloads from Mac OS X, the company recommends that Mac OS X users purchase the boxed version. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
FreeHand 10 Goes Mac OS X Native, Adds Features
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>