BBEdit 6.1.2 Update Available -- Bare Bones Software has released a free update for its popular text and HTML editor BBEdit. BBEdit 6.1.2 offers improved performance under Mac OS X, compatibility with a wider range of FTP servers, and support for previewing Web documents using OmniWeb, a Cocoa-based Web browser for Mac OS X. As usual, Bare Bones has posted a complete list of fixes and changes. The update is a 3.5 MB download; BBEdit 6.1.2 runs on PowerPC-based systems running System 7.5.5 or higher (Mac OS 8.6 or later recommended). [GD]
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 126.96.36.199
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
- BBEdit 6.0 Improves Powerful Text Editing (11 Sep 00)