OnStream Back in the Flow -- Less than two months after the company declared bankruptcy, the assets and intellectual property of OnStream Inc. have been acquired by the newly formed Netherlands-based OnStream Data B.V. to sell and support Advanced Digital Recording (ADR) high-capacity tape drives (see "OnStream Files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy" in TidBITS-573). OnStream offers 30 GB tape drives with SCSI, IDE, USB, or FireWire connections; it also sells 30 GB and 50 GB SCSI versions for server backups. When we first mentioned OnStream in TidBITS-569, we expressed concern that the ADR format (as well as the format used by Ecrix's VXA-1 drive) wasn't yet available from multiple suppliers, and therefore could be a risky choice as a backup solution should the parent company not succeed. We're happy to see OnStream's technology continue to be supported. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.