Rewind Advances to 1.2 -- Power On Software has updated Rewind, its $100 utility for reverting to previous incarnations of files or the system in the event of a crash or mistake (see "Macworld SF 2001 Trend: Cool Utilities" in TidBITS-564). Rewind 1.2 adds the capability to limit the size of the Rewind archive (the catalog of changes made to files as you work on the Mac), improves stability with programs that handle memory in unusual ways, and now correctly handles Virtual PC 4 disk images, among other fixes. Although the upgrade is free, you must enter your serial number to download the full version of Rewind 1.2, including manual (a 7 MB file). Rewind runs under Mac OS versions 8.1 to 9.1 and requires at least 10 percent of your hard disk space to operate. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard