icWord 1.2 Adds Double-Byte Support -- The recently released 1.2 update to Panergy's icWord utility for viewing and printing Microsoft Word documents can now read files created by the Far East version of Microsoft Word, including those in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other double-byte languages. Other feature additions include support for sound, display of footnotes as endnotes, and support for Unicode text files. Panergy also improved support for Word's built-in graphics, table viewing, and paragraph spacing. The update is free and is a 2.0 MB download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Make PDFpen Your Default PDF Viewer
Want to open all your PDFs with PDFpen, rather than Preview or Adobe Reader? Follow these steps:
- Locate a PDF document in the Finder.
- Control-click the document.
- From the menu, choose Get Info.
- Scroll down the Get Info window to the Open with... pop-up menu.
- Choose PDFpen.
- Click Change All...
- icWord Reads and Prints Word Documents (14 Aug 00)