icWord 1.2 Adds Double-Byte Support -- The recently released 1.2 update to Panergy's icWord utility for viewing and printing Microsoft Word documents can now read files created by the Far East version of Microsoft Word, including those in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other double-byte languages. Other feature additions include support for sound, display of footnotes as endnotes, and support for Unicode text files. Panergy also improved support for Word's built-in graphics, table viewing, and paragraph spacing. The update is free and is a 2.0 MB download. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- icWord Reads and Prints Word Documents (14 Aug 00)