Webvan Announces Shutdown and Chapter 11 -- Internet grocer Webvan announced today that it has ceased operations and is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. It has laid off its 2,000 employees and expects to delist its stock on NASDAQ. Though we're sad to see Webvan fail, the event comes as little surprise, since Webvan has encountered numerous financial problems and never matched the quality of Seattle's HomeGrocer.com, which Webvan acquired a year ago (see our article series on Internet grocery shopping for details). [JLC]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Other articles in the series Groceries in Our Midst
- Amazon Delivers Like It's 1999 (11 Dec 07)
- Where Webvan Went Wrong (16 Jul 01)
- Internet Grocers Drop Like Flies (20 Nov 00)
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries (30 Oct 00)
- Webvan Buys HomeGrocer.com (03 Jul 00)
- Internet Grocery Shopping Continues to Mature (16 Aug 99)
- Groceries in the Mist (08 Mar 99)