Webvan Announces Shutdown and Chapter 11 -- Internet grocer Webvan announced today that it has ceased operations and is filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. It has laid off its 2,000 employees and expects to delist its stock on NASDAQ. Though we're sad to see Webvan fail, the event comes as little surprise, since Webvan has encountered numerous financial problems and never matched the quality of Seattle's HomeGrocer.com, which Webvan acquired a year ago (see our article series on Internet grocery shopping for details). [JLC]
Stylin' a Word Comment Balloon
If you work with Word's Comment feature, you may find that the comment-balloon text is too small to work with, or you may just want some variety. To modify the style, choose Format > Style. From the List pop-up menu, choose All Styles. Select Balloon Text from the Style list. Modify the style as you like, and then click Apply. I like Arial Narrow, 12 point.
Other articles in the series Groceries in Our Midst
- Amazon Delivers Like It's 1999 (11 Dec 07)
- Where Webvan Went Wrong (16 Jul 01)
- Internet Grocers Drop Like Flies (20 Nov 00)
- Priceline.com Ceases Bidding on Groceries (30 Oct 00)
- Webvan Buys HomeGrocer.com (03 Jul 00)
- Internet Grocery Shopping Continues to Mature (16 Aug 99)
- Groceries in the Mist (08 Mar 99)
Webvan Announces Shutdown and Chapter 11
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>