Mac OS 9.2.1 Released -- Apple has released Mac OS 9.2.1, an update for "Mac OS X compatible" computers running Mac OS 9.1 or 9.2, which includes the Power Mac G4, Power Macintosh G3, PowerBook G4, PowerBook G3 (except the original PowerBook G3), iMac, and iBook lines. The update doesn't add any new functionality to the Mac OS, but fixes a number of unspecified bugs in Mac OS 9.1 and improves Classic application compatibility with Mac OS X. The update is available in North American and International English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Japanese; you can download either a single 82 MB disk image, or six separate segments. [JLC]
Edit iCal Event Titles Directly
In the Leopard version of iCal, double-clicking an event shows a summary of the event, and to edit the name (or anything else), you must click the Edit button in the summary pop-up. To bypass the summary and edit pop-ups entirely, Option-double-click the event name. That selects the text for editing, and you can make any changes you want. Click outside the event to save your changes.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1