Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility -- Intuit has begun shipping Quicken 2002 Deluxe for Macintosh, adding Mac OS X compatibility and a number of online features for managing your finances. Considering that Intuit at one point scrapped the product entirely, it's encouraging to see a new version that runs natively under Mac OS X as well as Mac OS 9. Intuit's efforts to capitalize on online banking are apparent in Quicken 2002, which offers the capability to download brokerage transactions, update all online accounts in one step, and reconcile accounts with transactions downloaded from the bank. To help you navigate the rough waters of the stock market, you can also run a number of "what-if" scenarios for estimating and optimizing capital gains. Quicken 2002 Deluxe for Macintosh costs $60, which includes a $20 mail-in rebate for previous Quicken users. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1