Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support -- Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer 6.0.2, a free update to the company's flagship word processor. The new version includes an improved translator for reading and writing RTF (Rich Text Format) files in WorldScript and Roman based alphabets, and boasts compatibility with the Japanese and Chinese language kits that shipped with Mac OS 9.1. The updated program runs only on PowerPC-based machines and also includes a host of bug fixes. The Nisus Writer 6.0.2 updater is a 3.6 MB download. [JLC]
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1