Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support -- Nisus Software has released Nisus Writer 6.0.2, a free update to the company's flagship word processor. The new version includes an improved translator for reading and writing RTF (Rich Text Format) files in WorldScript and Roman based alphabets, and boasts compatibility with the Japanese and Chinese language kits that shipped with Mac OS 9.1. The updated program runs only on PowerPC-based machines and also includes a host of bug fixes. The Nisus Writer 6.0.2 updater is a 3.6 MB download. [JLC]
Type an em-dash on an iPhone
Typography and punctuation geeks rejoice! It's easy to type an em-dash on the iPhone's or iPod touch's virtual keyboard. To do so, tap the .?123 key to switch to the numeric keypad. Then touch and hold on the Hyphen key to reveal a pop-up strip showing an em-dash. Slide to the em-dash and release your finger.
Note that this basic trick works with many other keys on the virtual keyboard.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1