Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released -- Bare Bones Software has shipped Mailsmith 1.1.8, a free update that brings bug fixes and a few new features to the company's email client. The new version includes an export scripting command, improves compatibility with some SMTP servers, and solves problems with Apple Remote Access, among other fixes. The update is free to owners of Mailsmith 1.0 and later, and is a 2.6 MB download. [JLC]
Copy Existing Filename to 'Save As' Field
While many utilities provide file naming automation, they're mostly overkill for those cases when you need to make small variations in file content while ensuring the documents group together in a "by name" list.
In the Save As dialog, the default name is the current document name. You can quickly change this to match any existing file.
1. Make the list of files the active element.
2. Click on a grayed-out filename, which momentarily turns black.
3. The Save As field now contains the filename you just clicked.
You can modify the name (adding, say, "version 3") or overwrite that existing file you clicked.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1