Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released -- Bare Bones Software has shipped Mailsmith 1.1.8, a free update that brings bug fixes and a few new features to the company's email client. The new version includes an export scripting command, improves compatibility with some SMTP servers, and solves problems with Apple Remote Access, among other fixes. The update is free to owners of Mailsmith 1.0 and later, and is a 2.6 MB download. [JLC]
Turn Off Filename Extension Warning
In Leopard, Apple fixed an annoying aspect of working with the Finder in Tiger. Previously, if you changed a file's extension, the Finder prompted for confirmation. But since no one has ever accidentally changed a filename extension, Apple thankfully added an option to turn that warning off in the Leopard Finder's preferences. Choose Finder > Preferences, and in the Advanced screen, deselect Show Warning Before Changing an Extension.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1
Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and