Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released -- Bare Bones Software has shipped Mailsmith 1.1.8, a free update that brings bug fixes and a few new features to the company's email client. The new version includes an export scripting command, improves compatibility with some SMTP servers, and solves problems with Apple Remote Access, among other fixes. The update is free to owners of Mailsmith 1.0 and later, and is a 2.6 MB download. [JLC]
Arrange Icons on the iPhone/iPod touch Home Screens
Unhappy with the arrangement of your icons? You can move them around as follows: First, hold down on any Home screen icon until all the icons wiggle. Now, drag the icons to their desired locations (drag left or right to get to other screens). Finally, press the physical Home button on your device. (Unlike earlier releases, iPhone Software 2.1 doesn't move just-updated apps to the end of your Home screens, so your icons should be more stationary once you've installed the update.)
Remember that you can replace Apple's default icons in the four persistent spots at the bottom of the screen with your four most-used apps!
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1