Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released -- Bare Bones Software has shipped Mailsmith 1.1.8, a free update that brings bug fixes and a few new features to the company's email client. The new version includes an export scripting command, improves compatibility with some SMTP servers, and solves problems with Apple Remote Access, among other fixes. The update is free to owners of Mailsmith 1.0 and later, and is a 2.6 MB download. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1