Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Free Passes -- If it's not one Macworld Expo coming up, it's another. If you're making plans to be in San Francisco for the 2002 Macworld Expo there, it's worth visiting the Macworld Expo Web site, where you can register for a free exhibits-only pass (but not the keynote) through 15-Oct-01. If you miss the deadline, registration costs $15 from 16-Oct-01 through 06-Jan-02, and $29 from 07-Jan-02 through 11-Jan-02. So hey, if you're thinking about going anyway, it's worth signing up early to save a few bucks. [ACE]
Search Snippets on the Fly in TextExpander
Have a large number of snippets and can't remember them all your abbreviations? Use TextExpander's Suggest Matching Abbreviations search feature. It makes finding your snippets fast and simple.
Set your hotkey combination by going to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys. Once it's set, to use the Suggest Matching Abbreviations hotkey combination:
- Type a few characters of your snippet or its abbreviation.
- Press your hotkey combination immediately after typing the characters. (Don't enter a space before pressing the hotkey combination.)
- A popup menu appears with all snippets that contain the characters you typed. Scroll through them and click the one you want.
Published in TidBITS 594.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- Mac OS 9.2.1 Released
- Quicken 2002 Deluxe Adds Mac OS X Compatibility
- REALbasic 3.5 Released
- IPNetRouter 1.6.1 Released
- Nisus Writer 6.0.2 Improves International Support
- Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 Released
- Mailsmith 1.1.8 Released
- Ecrix, Exabyte Merge
- Honors Showcase Apple's Impact
- Getting Moving Again with EtherMac iPrint LT
- TiVo: Freedom Through Time-Shifting, Part 1