Outpost.com Switches to Fry's Electronics -- Three months after Outpost.com announced it would be acquired by PC Connection, that merger has fallen through due to too-low total revenues for the months of June, July, and August of 2001 (see "Outpost.com Acquired by PC Connection" in TidBITS-582). Now Outpost.com will be acquired by Fry's Electronics, a privately held Silicon Valley retail electronics store that has expanded throughout California and into Oregon, Texas, and Arizona. Fry's will pay $0.25 per share in cash for Outpost.com, plus loan the company up to $13 million to repay loans from PC Connection and provide working capital. Outpost.com will continue to operate under its own name and from its existing facilities. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Outpost.com Acquired by PC Connection (04 Jun 01)
Outpost.com Switches to Fry's Electronics
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and