CS Odessa Takes ConceptDraw Professional -- CS Odessa today released ConceptDraw Professional, a beefed-up version of the company's powerful and flexible graphics application (for a full review, see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553). New features in ConceptDraw Professional include over 25 additional libraries of specialized images and symbols, compatibility with CAD applications via DXF import/export support, bidirectional support for importing from and exporting to PowerPoint presentations, improved data exchange with Microsoft Visio, and outline support for converting drawings to and from textual format. Available for the classic Mac OS, Mac OS X, and Windows, ConceptDraw Professional costs $250; upgrades from ConceptDraw are $125 and academic discounts are available. ConceptDraw Professional requires Mac OS 8.6 or higher running on a PowerPC 603e-based Mac (PowerPC G3 recommended) with 32 MB of available RAM. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Fill in Gaps in Pear Note
If you ever find yourself zoning out during a meeting or class, only later to realize that you forgot to take notes for 20 minutes, Pear Note makes it easy to fill in those gaps. To do so:
- Open your Pear Note document.
- Hit play.
- Click on the last text you did type to jump to that point in the recording.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
- Take notes on the part you missed.
Your new notes will be synced to the recording just as if you'd taken them live with the rest of your notes.
Visit Useful Fruit Software