Netscape 6.2 Released -- Netscape Communications has released Netscape 6.2, bringing full Mac OS X compatibility and fixing bugs. The new version exists as an application package for Mac OS X, which means installation is merely a matter of dragging the Netscape file to your hard disk. A number of problems have been fixed, such as sluggish performance on dual-processor Power Macs and LDAP functionality. Netscape 6.2 requires a PowerPC 604e running at 266 MHz or faster, with at least 64 MB of RAM and Mac OS 8.5 or later. The Mac OS X version is a 16.9 MB download; the Mac OS 9 version remains an active installer that downloads just needed modules, so be prepared for a potentially lengthy installation process. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Netscape 6.1 Released (16 Aug 01)