GraphicConverter 4.1 Released -- Lemke Software has updated its popular shareware image-editing application, adding support for even more image file formats and incorporating bug fixes. GraphicConverter 4.1 adds support for importing JPEG2000 and Nokia .pict images, and improves TIFF importing. The program also supports ColorSync profiles during printing, adds an unsharp mask (image sharpening) feature, and improves functionality under Mac OS X. GraphicConverter 4.1 is a free upgrade for registered users; the shareware price is $30 for European residents and $35 for users outside Europe. The file is a 3.4 MB download, and is available in Carbon, Classic PowerPC, and 68K versions. [JLC]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software