Vote for TidBITS! The Low End Mac Web site is running its Best of the Mac Web survey this year through 22-Nov-01, so if you'd like to help raise awareness of TidBITS, please be sure to fill out the form with a vote for TidBITS. Remember that the Low End Mac folks want you to vote only for sites with which you're familiar - it's amazing how many are listed. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard