TidBITS Ranks in Second Best of the Mac Web Survey -- In the second Best of the Mac Web survey run by the Low End Mac Web site, TidBITS ranked as the 5th best rated site behind As the Apple Turns, VersionTracker, MacFixIt, and MacSurfer's Headline News. That's a significant jump for us from the first survey back in April, in which TidBITS ranked 10th. Significantly more people voted for TidBITS this time around (1,057 versus 694), probably due to our mentioning the survey in last week's issue. The survey is an unabashed popularity contest, but it is useful for learning about Macintosh sites you may not yet have discovered. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Vote for TidBITS! (19 Nov 01)
TidBITS Ranks in Second Best of the Mac Web Survey
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>