QuicKeys X 1.0.2 Adds Options -- In our recent review of QuicKeys X, we noted that the engineers at CE Software have had to rebuild the macro utility from scratch for Mac OS X, resulting in a significantly reduced feature list compared to the Mac OS 9 version (see "QuicKeys X: The Return of the Ghost" in TidBITS-602). The company is gradually building up its new utility, starting with the QuicKeys X 1.0.2 update released last week. The new version adds options for hiding and showing applications, increases the speed of inserting boilerplate text, improves AppleScript playback speed, and incorporates bug fixes and other enhancements. Most welcome, at least to some of us, is the addition of a Bring All Windows to Front action, which enables you to set up a workaround for the most annoying aspect of switching applications in Mac OS X. QuicKeys X 1.0.2 is a free update and a 5.7 MB download. [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- QuicKeys X: The Return of the Ghost (22 Oct 01)