IPNetRouter 1.6.3 Gets Dynamic -- Sustainable Software has released version 1.6.3 of IPNetRouter, their popular Internet sharing software, adding one significant feature. For those using IPNetRouter to share a connection that has a dynamically assigned IP number (many consumer level broadband connections have dynamic IP numbers), IPNetRouter 1.6.3 can now work with the free dynamic DNS service at DynDNS.org. Serving as a DynDNS client, IPNetRouter informs the DynDNS servers when your IP address changes so your fixed domain name can be updated to point to the new IP address. Other DynDNS clients for the Mac exist, including James Sentman's free Dynamic DNS Client, but if you're already using IPNetRouter to share your Internet connection, it's more elegant and potentially quicker to have it inform the DynDNS servers of your IP address changes. Upgrades to IPNetRouter 1.6.3 are free to registered users; the program is a 1.4 MB download. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.