PowerBook G4 Combo Upgrades Start 14-Jan-02 -- Consistent with our coverage of the PowerBook G4 Titanium's new Combo drive, Apple has announced the PowerBook G4 Combo Upgrade Program. Under this program, owners of PowerBook G4 Titaniums with either 550 MHz or 667 MHz processors (check Apple System Profiler if you're not sure) can swap their existing DVD-ROM or CD-RW drives for a DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo drive for $300. The program, full details of which will become available on 14-Jan-02 on Apple's Web site, will involve sending your PowerBook in to Apple or taking it to an Apple Store. The program lasts only until 30-Mar-02, so get your order in quickly if you want to upgrade. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- PowerBook G4 Titanium Gains Combo Drive (17 Dec 01)
Published in TidBITS 611.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
PowerBook G4 Combo Upgrades Start 14-Jan-02
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>