Griffin PowerMate Receives Software Update -- If you were one of the many people who went home from Macworld Expo with one of Griffin Technology's cool PowerMate USB controllers (the brushed aluminum "knob and button"), head over to Griffin's Web site for updated drivers for both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. Both include a variety of bug fixes, and the Mac OS X version now enables users to control the glowing base (brightness control, pulsing, and pulse rate) via AppleScript. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Macworld Expo San Francisco 2002 Superlatives (14 Jan 02)
Published in TidBITS 614.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Griffin PowerMate Receives Software Update
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as “Tx” for “TextExpander”. With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and