Microsoft Buying WebTV -- On 06-Apr-97, Microsoft announced a surprising $425 million dollar stock and cash deal to buy WebTV Networks, Inc., makers of the WebTV set-top box that enables users to surf the Web via their television (see TidBITS-367). Already a content provider with efforts like MSN and MSNBC, WebTV also gives Microsoft a strong foothold in an emerging online consumer electronics market and - perhaps more importantly - may let Microsoft control key patents relating to set-top box design and software technology. [GD]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Manage Multiple ChronoSync Documents
If you have multiple ChronoSync documents and need to run your syncs or backups manually, you may find it taxing to open each ChronoSync document and execute it manually. There are two easy methods to simplify managing multiple ChronoSync documents.
- You can add the ChronoSync documents to a Container document. A Container holds multiple ChronoSync documents and enables you to control several ChronoSync documents as if they were one document.
- You can make use of the Scheduled Documents Manager window to collect and organize commonly used ChronoSync documents without scheduling them.
Both methods allow you to schedule or manually run your syncs and backups.
Visit ChronoSync Tips
- An Internet for the TV Generation (24 Feb 97)