Vote for TidBITS in Third Best of Mac Web Survey! Starting Tuesday, 05-Mar-02, the Low End Mac Web site is running their semiannual popularity contest for Macintosh news and information Web sites. Although every publication can encourage readers to vote for them (and most do), the survey asks for ratings of all the sites with which a respondent is familiar, radically increasing the number and breadth of votes. So please take a moment and help the TidBITS PR cause with a vote (the list is alphabetical, so you'll have to scroll way down to the bottom), but make sure to rank your other favorite Mac sites too. [ACE]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 619.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
Vote for TidBITS in Third Best of Mac Web Survey!
to your own drives, friends, and online with unlimited storage.
With 30 days free, backing up is one resolution you can keep.
Your life is digital; back it up! <http://tid.bl.it/code42-tb>