EIMS Server 3.1.1 Available -- Glenn Anderson has released EIMS 3.1.1, a free update to his Mac OS mail server. (See "Two Mac Mail Servers Go Home Again" in TidBITS-613.) Version 3.1.1 fixes a handful of bugs and includes a workaround for some problems with command pipelining with some other SMTP servers (most notably those at Yahoo). Version 3.1.1 also fixes LDAP authentication problems and authentication issues using NTLM with Microsoft's Outlook email program, and speeds up processing of the Incoming Mail folder. The updater is a 76K patch to the EIMS 3.1 application. [GD]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- Two Mac Mail Servers Go Home Again (21 Jan 02)