Microsoft says thanks to the TidBITS and Evangelist readers who took part in the "Mac-likeness" survey mentioned in TidBITS-372. Despite problems with their server, Microsoft collected more than ten times the data it was looking for in a week and a half, and says it received a strong message about what Macintosh users expect from software. Nice job, folks - we'll see if we can convince Microsoft to pass along the survey results. If you didn't get a chance to take the survey, Microsoft has a general feedback area where users can comment on any of their products. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Express Yourself to Microsoft (31 Mar 97)