Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2 Syncs with Palms -- Hot on the heels of the new Palm Desktop 4.0 (see "Palm Desktop 4.0 Released" in TidBITS-622), Power On Software has released Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2 for Mac OS X, which adds Palm synchronization capabilities back to the popular calendar and contact manager. Also new are a backup utility that lets users undo synchronization sessions, the free NowPak for iPod module that makes it possible to load contacts from Now Contact into an iPod, and a new holiday file that adds many European holidays. If you don't have a Palm OS handheld and don't want the new holiday file, there's no reason to upgrade. Plus, only Mac OS X users need even consider the upgrade - Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.0.3 remains the current version for users of Mac OS 8.6 through 9.2.2. Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2 is a free upgrade for owners of version 4.0 or later; upgrades from earlier versions cost $50, and new copies cost $120. A trial version is available as a 15.2 MB download. [ACE]
- LaunchBar 6.3
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2, Compressor 4.2, Motion 5.2
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 Supplemental Update 1.0
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.9.1
- FileMaker Pro 13.0.9
- iTunes 12.1.2
- GraphicConverter 9.6.1
- 1Password 5.3
- Security Update 2015-004 (Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Safari 8.0.5, 7.1.5, and 6.2.5
Set Hotkeys in TextExpander
Don’t just save keystrokes, save mouse clicks when using TextExpander by setting up customizable keyboard shortcuts, or hotkeys, for functions like Enable/Disable TextExpander, Search Snippets, and more. To set your hotkey combinations:
- Open TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Press the Click to Set Hotkey button next to function you want.
- Press the keys of your preferred hotkey combination when prompted.
- Palm Desktop 4.0 Released (25 Mar 02)