Cyberdog Abused? Rumors are circulating on the net that the real reason for the demise of Apple's OpenDoc technology was due to allegations made by an organization calling itself the Animal Internet Rights Foundation (AIRF) about Apple's mishandling of Cyberdog. A spokesperson was quoted as saying, "We received reports that Cyberdog was repeatedly hacked, delayed, and not given proper resources." AIRF investigators are also reportedly looking into the conduct of programmers Peter Lewis (in regard to his domestication of the Anarchie kangaroo), and Jim Matthews (for not paying enough attention to the Fetch dog). The University of Minnesota could not be reached for comment regarding its treatment of the gopher in the almost-defunct TurboGopher. Some have suggested that the decline of the Gopher technology was related to cutbacks in the University of Minnesota's gopher food budget. [ECA]
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 188.8.131.52
Add Notes to Pre-existing Recordings in Pear Note
While most people think of Pear Note as a tool for recording notes live, it can be used to take notes on pre-existing recordings as well. If you have an audio or video recording that you'd like to take notes on in Pear Note, simply:
- Drag the audio/video file to Pear Note and import it into a new document.
- Hit play.
- Click the lock to unlock the text of the note.
Now you can take notes that will be synced to the recording, just as if you'd recorded them live.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
Published in TidBITS 373.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- New PowerBooks
- Double the Trouble
- Mac Attack
- TidBITS Announces Reorganization
- Smoking Newtons, Batman!
- Kinko's, The New Way to Verb
- Apple Goes Hollywood
- Waxing Rhapsodic: New Technologies from Apple
- The TidBITS Channel
- Internet Merchandising Takes Off
- The PowerBook Secret
- TidBITS Web Surfing Party Game
scanning solutions for companies of any size. Make your life more
productive, mobile, paperless, and efficient with a ScanSnap
scanner. To learn more, visit: <http://www.ez.com/sstb>