ConceptDraw Presenter Takes On PowerPoint -- CS Odessa has released ConceptDraw Presenter 1.0, the latest product derived from their powerful diagramming software (see "Make the Connection with ConceptDraw" in TidBITS-553). ConceptDraw Presenter competes directly with Microsoft PowerPoint - it enables you to create presentations with text, graphics, and sounds, plus transitions between slides. You can display presentations directly within ConceptDraw Presenter or export to PowerPoint format, HTML, PDF, Macromedia Flash, or several graphic formats. ConceptDraw Presenter can also open PowerPoint presentations as well as ConceptDraw diagrams. Although this initial version of ConceptDraw Presenter has some rough edges, it appears to offer a credible alternative to PowerPoint for those who don't already own Microsoft Office. ConceptDraw Presenter is available for both Macintosh (Mac OS 8.6 through Mac OS X) and Windows for $200; owners of other ConceptDraw products can buy it for $120, and academic users pay $85. A demo version that can't save is available as a 10.3 MB download. [ACE]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Make the Connection with ConceptDraw (30 Oct 00)
Published in TidBITS 629.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
ConceptDraw Presenter Takes On PowerPoint
Use device inventory, app distribution, security settings, and
more on many devices at once, using an intuitive Web portal.
Manage 3 devices for free, forever. Try it! <http://www.bushel.com/>