No TidBITS Issue 27-May-02 -- It is said there's no rest for the wicked, but of late that homily has been spilling over to the rest of us as well. So, TidBITS is taking a well-deserved week off for the U.S. Memorial Day holiday, which, in a fit of happenstance, coincides with the week of Managing Editor Jeff Carlson's birthday celebrations and the Mac Mania Geek Cruise that will be occupying most of my attention. Depending on my shipboard email connectivity and free moments, TidBITS Talk may suffer only partial abatement, but in general, please save me the embarrassment of late or missing replies by holding non-essential private mail until the second week in June. TidBITS returns with the 03-Jun-02 issue. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard