Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2.1 Adds Grab-'n-Go -- Power On Software has released Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2.1, a free upgrade for users of the Mac OS X-only version of their popular calendaring and contact management program. In a valiant attempt to increase the number of hyphens used in Macintosh publications, Now Up-to-Date & Contact 4.2.1 brings back the Grab-'n-Go utility from the Mac OS 9 version of the program. With Grab-'n-Go, you can Control-click text in applications that support contextual menus (few of which I use regularly, unfortunately) and create new appointments, tasks, and other event types in Now Up-to-Date. Also improved are the QuickDay and QuickContact utilities, which now provide proper menus and can be Command-dragged to new locations in the menu bar. Finally, you can now move the Now Up-to-Date & Contact folder to locations other than the top-level of the Applications folder. The free update is a 16 MB download; upgrades from earlier versions cost $50, and new copies cost $120. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.