TidBITS Server Problems -- Just a quick heads-up that we've been experiencing problems with our main Web and email server over the last few days, and since we haven't yet been able to track them down, they're likely to continue for a while. In short, rest assured that if you can't get through to our Web server or if email is bouncing temporarily, we know and we're working on it, so there's no need to alert us further. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard