Internet Explorer 5.2.1 Released -- In a singularly unhelpful move, Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 5.2.1 for Mac OS X with absolutely no indication of what has changed. Installing Internet Explorer 5.2.1 did require quitting all running applications, which seems unnecessary, but it didn't change my home page setting this time (others have reported differently). We presume Microsoft fixed a bug or two, but without release notes of any sort, it's impossible to recommend the update either way. I'd encourage Microsoft to read "The Seven Deadly Product Release Sins" in TidBITS-491. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- The Seven Deadly Product Release Sins (02 Aug 99)
Internet Explorer 5.2.1 Released
Experience pro-level features like iCloud Drive, palm protection,
a new easy-to-use iOS 8 interface and more! Get full-featured PDF
editing power in a mobile app today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen2-ios-tb>