Internet Explorer 5.2.1 Released -- In a singularly unhelpful move, Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 5.2.1 for Mac OS X with absolutely no indication of what has changed. Installing Internet Explorer 5.2.1 did require quitting all running applications, which seems unnecessary, but it didn't change my home page setting this time (others have reported differently). We presume Microsoft fixed a bug or two, but without release notes of any sort, it's impossible to recommend the update either way. I'd encourage Microsoft to read "The Seven Deadly Product Release Sins" in TidBITS-491. [ACE]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard
- The Seven Deadly Product Release Sins (02 Aug 99)