AOL for Mac OS X -- America Online has released America Online for Mac OS X, a native version of the client software used to access AOL's proprietary online services. AOL for Mac OS X features a new interface built on Aqua, and integrates support for QuickTime 6, Apple's forthcoming iChat instant messaging software, and new Web browsing software using Netscape's Gecko HTML engine. AOL for Mac OS X also enables users to access their Favorite Places, email, Buddy Lists, and Address Books from any computer. The software requires Mac OS X 10.1 or higher and either a modem or Internet access; it's free to current AOL members. [GD]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.