Default Folder X 1.6 Adds Jaguar Compatibility -- St. Clair Software has updated Default Folder X to version 1.6, adding Mac OS X 10.2 compatibility and other features to the Open and Save dialog utility. This version incorporates one of the most useful features of the original Default Folder, enabling you to click on a Finder window (even if it's obscured by other applications' windows) to display that window's contents in the Open or Save dialog listing. Default Folder X 1.6 also now connects to folders on remote servers if the folder is in your Favorites or Recent Items list, improves compatibility with AppleScript and QuickTime, and incorporates a number of other fixes. The update is free to registered users and is a 2 MB download. [JLC]
Record Online Meetings in Pear Note
While Pear Note is primarily geared toward recording notes in the physical world, it's possible to use it to record things in the virtual world as well. For instance, you can use it to record and take notes on Skype calls. To do this:
- Download Soundflower and install it (along with the Soundflowerbed app that comes with it).
- Download LineIn and install it.
- Start Soundflowerbed, and select Built-in Output (or whatever output you'd like to listen to the conversation on).
- Start LineIn, and select your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the input and Soundflower (2ch) as the output, then press Pass Thru.
- Open Pear Note Preferences, select Recording, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio device.
- Open Skype Preferences, select Audio, and select Soundflower (2ch) as the audio output and your microphone (e.g. Built-in Mic) as the audio input.
- Hit record in Pear Note and make your Skype call.
This will allow you to conduct your Skype call while Pear Note records both your audio and the other participant's.
Visit Useful Fruit Software