It's Baaack... Palm Conduit for Entourage X -- After an initial release and rapid retraction last July, Microsoft has re-released its Palm conduit for Entourage X, enabling Entourage X users to synchronize contacts, calendar items, tasks, and notes (but not email) between Entourage X and Palm-compatible handheld devices. We haven't yet tested this newest release and can't say if it's any more reliable than the version Microsoft previously withdrew, so (as always) back up your data before installing. The conduit requires Microsoft Office X Service Release 1, Mac OS X 10.1 or later, and a Palm-compatible handheld with Palm OS 3.x or later and Palm Desktop 4.0 or later. It's a 716K download. [GD]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Palm Conduit for Entourage X Released, Yanked (22 Jul 02)
It's Baaack... Palm Conduit for Entourage X
your PDFs, fill and sign forms, and even export PDFs to Word format.
Signing is now easier, you can view the OCR text layer, and more.
Try editing your PDFs today! <http://smle.us/pdfpen-7-tb>