iSync Public Beta Released -- More than two months after previewing iSync at Macworld Expo, Apple has released a public beta of its multifaceted synchronization software. This initial version includes support for synchronizing data to .Mac accounts, iPods, and supported cellular phones (such as the Sony-Ericsson T68i demonstrated at Macworld). Palm devices are supported through an iSync conduit that works with HotSync Manager; you need HotSync Manager 3.0, part of the Palm Desktop 4.0 package. As expected in a public beta, some functionality is missing or incomplete: notes or memos in Palm devices do not sync, the Conflict Resolver dialog does not display all fields properly, you can't synchronize with .Mac through a proxy server, and in several cases you could end up with duplicate records. As always, be sure to make a backup of your important data! The iSync 1.0 Beta is a free 6.9 MB download, and requires Mac OS X 10.2.1. [JLC]
- VMware Fusion 6.0.3 and Fusion 6.0.3 Professional
- DEVONagent Lite, Express, and Pro 3.8
- DEVONthink and DEVONnote 2.7.5
- OmniOutliner 4.0.5
- 1Password 4.3
- AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
- Paprika 2.0.3
- Security Update 2014-002 (Mavericks, Mountain Lion, and Lion)
- Microsoft Office 2011 14.4.1
- Adobe Flash Player 22.214.171.124
Add Hyperlinks to TextExpander Snippets
You can include a clickable link in a TextExpander snippet. Here's how:
- Create a new snippet.
- From the Content menu (just above the snippet body), choose Content: Formatted Text, Picture.
- Put a full URL in the snippet body, such as http://www.smilesoftware.com/
- Control-click the link text and choose Make Link from the pop-up menu.
After you've made the link, you can replace the visible URL with other text. Just put your cursor in the active link text and make changes as you would with any other text.
- Apple Updates iCal, iSync (06 Jan 03)