Mac OS X 10.2.2 Released -- Apple released the Mac OS X 10.2.2 update via Software Update late today, rolling in a number of bug fixes, improvements for both Apple's built-in programs and third-party applications, networking enhancements, and enhanced compatibility with other devices. (Apple's KnowledgeBase article includes a list of specific items addressed). The 24.4 MB update is for moving from Mac OS X 10.2.1 to 10.2.2; a separate combo updater is also available for those updating from 10.2 (though at press time, neither standalone updater was available from Apple's software downloads page). [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard