Final Cut Express 1.0.1 Released -- Continuing its string of incremental updates, Apple last week posted an update to its intermediate-level video editing application Final Cut Express. The 1.0.1 revision improves performance and stability, links keyframe parameters to the Motion tab, and adds Easy Setup presets for NTSC and PAL noncontrollable devices. The Final Cut Express 1.0.1 updater is available as a 12.2 MB download. [JLC]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.