iPod 1.2.6 Update Fixes Battery Drain -- For several months now, many iPod owners have been reporting dramatic decreases in battery charge that minimize the music player's vaunted 10-hour playing ability. Apple last week released iPod 1.2.6 Software Update, which more accurately gauges the battery charge so the iPod does not shut down prematurely. Apple claims that the update offers longer standby time for all iPods and increases playback time on scroll-wheel models. Separate updaters are available for Mac OS X (5.2 MB), Mac OS 9 (6.2 MB), and Windows (12.6 MB). [JLC]
Disinfect Your Keyboard
Keyboards, particularly those shared by multiple people, harbor huge quantities of bacteria. If you want to reduce the chances of picking up your co-worker's cold, you can disinfect your keyboard with disinfecting wipes. To avoid damage to the keyboard, be sure to:
- Unplug the keyboard before disinfecting it.
- Squeeze out any excess liquids from the cloth to avoid liquid dripping into the keyboard.
- Don't let any liquid from the wipe sit for long periods of time on the keyboard.
- Don't scrub the keyboard, just lightly wipe down. Rubbing too hard leaves behind more lint.
- Avoid cleansing cloths that contain bleach.
Visit Das Keyboard