MacHack Stays Put in June -- Despite Apple's recent move of the Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) to June in San Francisco, a single day after the MacHack developers conference, the MacHack organizers have announced that MacHack will remain in its originally scheduled spot from 19-Jun-03 to 21-Jun-03 in Dearborn, Michigan. Although many MacHack attendees remain fiercely loyal to the grassroots conference, it's almost certain that Apple's move will hurt attendance. I still highly recommend MacHack: it offers the best combination of real-world information and industry networking I've seen, and I will definitely be attending (and presenting at) MacHack. Apple may be the 600-pound gorilla of this industry, but it would still be nice to see consideration of the effects of throwing that weight around, along with a little common courtesy (such as notifying the MacHack organizing committee in advance). [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Apple Moves WWDC 2003 to June in San Francisco (24 Mar 03)