Poll Results: Sport Utility Drives? In last week's poll, we asked how many of you have a utility hard drive for Macintosh maintenance and configuration tasks. Of the over 500 people who weighed in, nearly 75 percent said they did have such a hard drive. That's interesting, but not surprising, since the type of person who solves problems is more likely to need a utility drive, and the type of person who reads TidBITS is likely to be a problem solver. [ACE]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
Create TextExpander Snippets on the Fly
Make new snippets really quickly! First, set a hotkey combination for making new snippets:
- Go to TextExpander > Preferences > Hotkeys.
- Click the "Click to Set Hotkey" button next to "Create Snippet from Clipboard."
- Press a hotkey combination when prompted.
Once you have your hotkey, use it to make snippets with these steps:
- Copy desired snippet text to the clipboard.
- Press your hotkey combination. A window opens with your snippet's content filled in.
- Add an abbreviation to your snippet.
- Click Done.
- Configuring a Utility Hard Disk (24 Mar 03)