Snapz Pro X 1.0.7 Released -- Ambrosia Software has released Snapz Pro X 1.0.7, the latest version of their Mac OS X screen capture utility. The new version can capture movies of screen actions with less impact on the Mac during capturing (at the cost of a lower frame rate). The update also adds localization for Korean (joining Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Japanese, Spanish, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese) and makes localized documentation a separate download, thus reducing the size of the Snapz Pro X download significantly. A number of annoying bugs have been fixed, including problems Snapz Pro X would cause when taking screenshots of X11 applications, a conflict with SpellCatcher X, and problems with capturing full-screen applications like games (and possibly Keynote presentations). And, in a welcome change, Snapz Pro X now defaults to overwriting screenshots if you enter the same name as an existing screenshot; this eases the process of replacing bad screenshots. Registered users who purchased directly from Ambrosia can upgrade for free; if you received a licensed copy of Snapz Pro X with your Mac, you can upgrade to 1.0.7 for $19. It's a 4.1 MB download. [ACE]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software
- Top Mac OS X Utilities: Restoring Third Party Capabilities (08 Apr 02)
- Say Cheese! Snapz Pro (31 Mar 97)
Snapz Pro X 1.0.7 Released
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and