Get Even Richer -- If you were intrigued by the Crack A Mac challenge underway in Sweden to break into a Macintosh Web server (see TidBITS-365) but felt pot wasn't sweet enough, you might be interested to know that several Mac resellers have donated additional funds to raise the jackpot to over $10,000 U.S. Of course, you still have to alter the target server's home page to claim the money. The contest runs through 10-Apr-97. [GD]
Extend Mac OS X's Screenshots
Mac OS X has a variety of built in screenshot methods. Here's a look at a few that offer more versatility than the basic full-screen capture (Command-Shift-3):
• Press Command-Shift-4 and you'll get a crosshair cursor with which you can drag to select and capture a certain area of the screen.
• Press Command-Shift-4-Space to select the entire window that the cursor is over, clicking on the window will then capture it. The resulting screenshot will even get a nice drop shadow.
• Hold down the Space bar after dragging out a selection window to move your selection rectangle around on the screen.
• Hold down Shift after dragging out a selection to constrain the selection in either horizontal or vertical orientation, depending on the direction of your drag.
• Hold down Option after dragging out a selection to expand the selection window around a center point.
Visit plucky tree
- Get Rich Quick? (10 Feb 97)