Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features -- Apple has released version 1.1 of its new Mac OS X-only presentation program Keynote. The update improves Keynote's ability to import and export PowerPoint presentations, adds the capability to jump to a specific slide during a slideshow, includes an option to not clip 3D transitions, improves feedback and interaction while working with slides in the Navigator, optimizes exported QuickTime files, reduces the size of themes and presentation files, and improves the overall performance of QuickTime video. The Keynote 1.1 update is a 30.3 MB download and free to current Keynote users. Keynote itself costs $100. [GD]
Export Word 2008's Audio Notes to Your iPod
You can use Word 2008's Notebook Layout View to take notes and record audio for lectures. Choose View > Notebook Layout View. Click the Audio icon in the Notebook Layout toolbar and then adjust the input volume and click the round recording button. Any notes you type while recording audio are coordinated with the audio. Sync your notes to your iPod for on-the-go studying. Choose Tools > Audio Notes > Export Audio. Save the file to your iTunes music folder.
Visit Mactopia - Word 2008
Published in TidBITS 683.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iMovie 3.0.3 Improves Performance, Finally
- iSync 1.1 Supports More Phones, Safari Bookmarks
- After Dark Returns for Mac OS X
- Spring Cleaning 6.0 Eliminates Crud
- WebSTAR V 5.3 Adds iCal Support
- QuickTime 6.3 Adds 3GPP, Improves iApp Support
- Palm Buys Handspring
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Geocaching
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Jun-03