Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features -- Apple has released version 1.1 of its new Mac OS X-only presentation program Keynote. The update improves Keynote's ability to import and export PowerPoint presentations, adds the capability to jump to a specific slide during a slideshow, includes an option to not clip 3D transitions, improves feedback and interaction while working with slides in the Navigator, optimizes exported QuickTime files, reduces the size of themes and presentation files, and improves the overall performance of QuickTime video. The Keynote 1.1 update is a 30.3 MB download and free to current Keynote users. Keynote itself costs $100. [GD]
MacSpeech Dictate Profiles
Looking to improve recognition accuracy in MacSpeech Dictate? When recording, consider that ambient noise levels vary between locations. By creating a tailored profile for each location in which you record with MacSpeech Dictate, you can be assured of receiving optimum speech recognition accuracy.
Visit MacSpeech Dictate
Published in TidBITS 683.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iMovie 3.0.3 Improves Performance, Finally
- iSync 1.1 Supports More Phones, Safari Bookmarks
- After Dark Returns for Mac OS X
- Spring Cleaning 6.0 Eliminates Crud
- WebSTAR V 5.3 Adds iCal Support
- QuickTime 6.3 Adds 3GPP, Improves iApp Support
- Palm Buys Handspring
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Geocaching
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Jun-03
Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features
Set up short abbreviations which expand to larger bits of text,
such as "Tx" for "TextExpander". With the new custom keyboard,
you can expand abbreviations in any app, including Safari and