WebSTAR V 5.3 Adds iCal Support -- 4D has released 4D WebSTAR V Server Suite 5.3, updating the suite's 4D WebMail Pro module with the capability to display, publish, and subscribe to iCal calendars. Also improved is WebSTAR's search engine, which is now faster, handles international characters sets, and supports unlimited page indexing with no additional licensing. Finally, WebSTAR 5.3 boasts a new Security Plug-in that offers additional granularity when granting or denying access to specific parts of a site. The update to WebSTAR 5.3 is free for registered users of WebSTAR V; it costs $200 for WebSTAR 4 users, $300 for users of WebSTAR 3 and Mac OS X Server, and $400 new. [ACE]
Beware Country-Specific iTunes Stores
If you buy an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and you happen to be a user of the iTunes Store in more than one country, take note which country's store you're viewing in iTunes when you plug in the device for the first time. This will be the country the device will register with, and you will be forever barred from purchasing or even updating free apps from anywhere else. The only way out is to delete everything on the device and do a full restore.
Visit Eolake's Blog
Published in TidBITS 683.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iMovie 3.0.3 Improves Performance, Finally
- iSync 1.1 Supports More Phones, Safari Bookmarks
- Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features
- After Dark Returns for Mac OS X
- Spring Cleaning 6.0 Eliminates Crud
- QuickTime 6.3 Adds 3GPP, Improves iApp Support
- Palm Buys Handspring
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Geocaching
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Jun-03