WebSTAR V 5.3 Adds iCal Support -- 4D has released 4D WebSTAR V Server Suite 5.3, updating the suite's 4D WebMail Pro module with the capability to display, publish, and subscribe to iCal calendars. Also improved is WebSTAR's search engine, which is now faster, handles international characters sets, and supports unlimited page indexing with no additional licensing. Finally, WebSTAR 5.3 boasts a new Security Plug-in that offers additional granularity when granting or denying access to specific parts of a site. The update to WebSTAR 5.3 is free for registered users of WebSTAR V; it costs $200 for WebSTAR 4 users, $300 for users of WebSTAR 3 and Mac OS X Server, and $400 new. [ACE]
Editing iCal Events in Snow Leopard
Snow Leopard makes looking at event details in iCal easier. In the Leopard version of iCal, you had to double-click an event to reveal only some information in a pop-up box; you then needed to click the Edit button (or press Command-E) to edit an item's information. In Snow Leopard, choose Edit > Show Inspector (or press Command-Option-I) to bring up a floating inspector that provides an editable view of any items selected in your calendar.
Published in TidBITS 683.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- iMovie 3.0.3 Improves Performance, Finally
- iSync 1.1 Supports More Phones, Safari Bookmarks
- Keynote 1.1 Enhances Features
- After Dark Returns for Mac OS X
- Spring Cleaning 6.0 Eliminates Crud
- QuickTime 6.3 Adds 3GPP, Improves iApp Support
- Palm Buys Handspring
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Geocaching
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/09-Jun-03