QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros -- CE Software has released QuicKeys X2, the latest Mac OS X version of their long-standing macro utility (see "QuicKeys X: Return of the Ghost" in TidBITS-602). Along with a redesigned interface, this release brings to Mac OS X capabilities that previously existed only in the classic version of QuicKeys. For instance, QuicKeys X2 can now watch your actions and record them for later playback, which simplifies making multiple-step shortcuts. More automated tasks have returned as well, so you can now store and retrieve images and text within shortcuts, find and activate buttons by name or location, and find and access pop-up menus by name or location. The return of some programming constructs, including repeat loops, waiting for user actions, and feedback dialogs, will also make multiple-step shortcuts significantly more powerful. Other improvements and new features include customizable date and time formats, a shortcut debugger that runs through multiple step shortcuts one step at a time, an inspector window that helps you configure shortcut behavior, tabbed toolbars, and more control over which applications are affected by specific shortcuts. QuicKeys X2 requires Mac OS X 10.2.3 or later. It costs $100, with upgrades between $20 and $70, depending on your current version of QuicKeys. A 30-day trial version is available as a 10.5 MB download. [ACE]
Quickly Attach to an Email Message
Want to start an email message that requires an attachment? Save a step or two by dragging the file's icon onto Mail's Dock icon - Mail automatically opens a new message window with the file already included as an attachment.
Visit MacTipster Blog
- QuicKeys X: The Return of the Ghost (22 Oct 01)
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy
- Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0
- Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03