NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy -- AquaMinds has released version 1.5 of their flagship outliner, NoteTaker, with many improvements (see "Take Note of NoteTaker" in TidBITS-677). References to external files are now aliases, which work even if a target file is moved. Clippings can now be more informative about their source; for example, clipping text from a Web browser identifies the source by application and URL. A new Find All button gathers links to all search results in a single drawer. A history of visited pages is maintained; you can view it, or just step back and forward as in a browser. Links can now emanate from a stretch of text (not just an entry as a whole). Keyboard navigation is much improved, and menu keyboard shortcuts are completely customizable; the look of documents can be heavily customized as well. All NoteTaker documents in your Documents folder are now treated as a library; thus, they are listed in a drawer in any document, and you can open any page of, and search in, a library document even if it isn't open to begin with. All sections and pages in the current document are also listed in this drawer, so you can navigate to a specific page easily. The upgrade is free for registered users, otherwise NoteTaker 1.5 costs $70, or $40 for academic use, and a free 30-day trial version is available as a 5.7 MB download. NoteTaker 1.5 requires Mac OS X 10.2 or higher. [MAN]
Thoughtful, detailed coverage of the Mac, iPhone, and iPad, plus the best-selling Take Control ebooks.
- Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.7
- Final Cut Pro X 10.2.3, Motion 5.2.3, Compressor 4.2.2
- Banktivity 5.6.5 (formerly iBank)
- DEVONthink/DEVONnote 2.8.9
- Tweetbot 2.3.3
- Little Snitch 3.6.3
- Printer Drivers for Gestetner, Lanier, NRG, Savin, and Xerox Printers
- Lightroom CC 2015.4 and Lightroom 6.4
- Mac App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard
- BBEdit 11.5
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros
- Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0
- Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03