Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0 -- Last week, Apple released Security Update 2003-06-09, which addresses an obscure potential security problem related to using Apple Filing Protocol to share a Network File System (NFS) mounted volume. It also fixes a problem with LDAP and Kerberos. Needless to say, most people aren't going to run into these problems, but many people installed the update anyway. Unfortunately, the update also prevented users from clicking the Login button to log in (pressing Return still worked). Version 2.0 reportedly solves that problem. It's a 1.4 MB download and is also available from Software Update. [ACE]
View Full Threads in Apple Mail
Many users are aware of Apple Mail's message threading feature, which highlights related email messages within the Inbox. However, many people don't know how to view both sent and received messages within a thread at once. To do so, first enable Message Threading under Mail's Viewing Preferences. Then, Command-click both the mailbox containing your threaded messages, and your Sent box. Now you can view both sent and received messages within the thread simultaneously.
Visit MacTipster blog
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros
- NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy
- Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03