Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0 -- Last week, Apple released Security Update 2003-06-09, which addresses an obscure potential security problem related to using Apple Filing Protocol to share a Network File System (NFS) mounted volume. It also fixes a problem with LDAP and Kerberos. Needless to say, most people aren't going to run into these problems, but many people installed the update anyway. Unfortunately, the update also prevented users from clicking the Login button to log in (pressing Return still worked). Version 2.0 reportedly solves that problem. It's a 1.4 MB download and is also available from Software Update. [ACE]
Set Per-Folder Views in the Finder
Tired of navigating to a particular folder and having to switch to List View every time? With Finder in Leopard, you can set viewing preference for each individual folder. Just navigate to it, and set the view the way you want (Column, List, Icon, or Cover Flow). Then choose View > Show View Options (Command-J) and in the window that appears, select the Always Open In... checkbox.
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros
- NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy
- Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03