Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X -- Right after confirming that the only future development on Internet Explorer for the Macintosh would be bug fixes (more later in this issue), Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 5.2.3 for Mac OS X, enhancing compatibility with proxy servers and fixing a few bugs (including the annoying Mac OS X bug that caused a pop-up menu to appear much of the time when you clicked a bookmark on the Favorites Bar). Internet Explorer 5.2.3 requires Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later and is a 6.7 MB download. [ACE]
Sleep (and Lock) Your Screen
When you are walking away from your computer, it's fairly common practice to start your screen saver and lock your screen. But did you know that there is a built-in keyboard shortcut in Mac OS X to sleep the screen?
Press Control-Shift-Eject and your monitor sleeps without engaging the screen saver.
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros
- NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy
- Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03