Microsoft Releases IE 5.2.3 for Mac OS X -- Right after confirming that the only future development on Internet Explorer for the Macintosh would be bug fixes (more later in this issue), Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 5.2.3 for Mac OS X, enhancing compatibility with proxy servers and fixing a few bugs (including the annoying Mac OS X bug that caused a pop-up menu to appear much of the time when you clicked a bookmark on the Favorites Bar). Internet Explorer 5.2.3 requires Mac OS X 10.1.5 or later and is a 6.7 MB download. [ACE]
ChronoSync Secret Menubar Shortcut
For a quick way to run a ChronoSync document without opening it, use the ChronoSync menu in the menubar. Select "Show ChronoSync menu in menubar" in ChronoSync's General Preferences window to activate the menu bar menu. Once activated, you'll see the ChronoSync circling arrows icon in the menu bar, at the top right of your screen.
You can open any scheduled ChronoSync document directly from the menu bar. If you hold down the Option key while selecting a ChronoSync document, the synchronization will run immediately without the ChronoSync document opening.
Visit Econ Technologies
Published in TidBITS 684.
Subscribe to our weekly email edition.
- QuarkXPress 6 for Mac OS X Ships
- QuicKeys X2 Beefs Up Macros
- NoteTaker 1.5: Even More Noteworthy
- Security Update 2003-06-09 2.0
- Internet Explorer for Mac in Maintenance Mode
- 802.11g (AirPort Extreme) Ratified
- Apple Ships Final Cut Pro 4
- Replacing a Power Mac G4 Power Supply
- Internet-Guided Offline Recreation (IGOR): Database Rituals
- Hot Topics in TidBITS Talk/16-Jun-03