Emailer 2.0 Beta -- Claris has announced a public beta of Emailer 2.0, which now stores all its messages in a single file (eliminating serious performance and storage problems with earlier versions) and features enhanced filtering capabilities. Although the Emailer 2.0 beta includes many improvements, my quick tests show it's only stable enough for adventurous users. The download is about 5 MB. [GD]
Avoid Naming Pear Note Files
If you create a lot of documents, coming up with a name for them can sometimes be a hassle. This is especially true now that search is becoming a more prevalent way to find documents. Pear Note provides a way to have the application automatically generate a filename so you can avoid this hassle. To use this:
- Open Saving under Pear Note's preferences.
- Select a default save location.
- Select a default save name template (Pear Note's help documents all the fields that can be automatically filled in).
- Check the box stating that Command-S saves without prompting.
- If you decide you want to name a particular note later, just use Save As... instead.
Visit Useful Fruit Software